My name is Stephanie.
My patronus is an owl.
My blog is a mixed bag.
And I like to like things.
Enjoy your visit here!
"Curing AIDS? Shit, that’s like Cadillac making a car that lasts for 50 years. And you know they can do it, but they ain’t going to do nothing that fucking dumb. Shit, they got metal on the Space Shuttle that can go around the Moon and withstand temperatures of up to 20,000 degrees, you mean to tell me you don’t think they can make an El Dorado with a fuckin’ bumper that don’t fall off?"
- Chris Rock (“Bigger and Blacker”, 1999)
To start off Birth Control Appreciation Day, I decided to make an informative masterpost on contraceptives! I hope this helps anyone who may want more information on their birth control or someone trying to decide what kind of birth control is best for themselves! Happy (birth control) hunting! - PaigeDIFFERENT TYPES OF BIRTH CONTROL:
- Birth Control Pills - [x] [x]
- Mini Pill (Progesterone-only Pill) - [x]
- The Patch (Ortho Evra) - [x] [x]
- The Shot (Depo-Provera) - [x] [x]
- Birth Control Sponge - [x] [x]
- Vaginal Ring (Nuva Ring) - [x] [x]
- Spermicide - [x] [x]
- Implant (Implanon and Nexplanon) - [x] [x]
- IUDs (Mirena, Skyla, and ParaGard) - [x] [x]
- Condoms (Male and Female) - [x]
- Withdrawal (Pullout Method) - [x] [x]
- Diaphragm - [x] [x]
- Breastfeeding - [x]
- Cervical Cap - [x] [x]
- Sterilization (Male and Female) - [x]
- Abstinence - [x] [x]
- Fertility Awareness-Based Methods (FAMs) - [x] [x]COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT BIRTH CONTROL:
- Do certain medications make my birth control less effective?
- Can I delay or eliminate my period with my birth control?
- Will my pregnancy tests come out with an accurate result while I’m on birth control?
- Can I use several birth control pills at once in replace of an emergency contraceptive?
- Does birth control cause weight gain?
- What should I do if I miss a pill?
- What should I do if the condom breaks or slips off inside of me?
- If I’m on the ring or the patch and I forget to replace it on the right day, do I need to use backup?
- I’ve heard that the birth control ring can pop out. What should I do if this happens?
- Can birth control increase my risk of getting cancer?
- Can you change your mind after having a tubal ligation or vasectomy?
- Is it normal to spot or bleed in between periods while on birth control?
- Does certain hormonal birth controls affect my blood pressure?
- Can being overweight affect my birth control’s effectiveness?
- Can certain birth controls lower my libido?EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTIVES:
- Types of EC: Plan B / Ella / ParaGard IUD - [x] [x]
- What are emergency contraceptives?
- How do they work?
- How well does it work?
- What are the side effects?
- When should I take an emergency contraceptive?
- Are emergency contraceptives less effective the heavier you are?
- If I am under the age of 18 in the US, can I buy emergency contraceptives without my parent’s knowledge or consent?
- If I take an emergency contraceptive today, am I covered if I have unprotected sex tomorrow?
- Will taking emergency contraceptives too many times affect my fertility?
- To find more questions and answers about emergency contraceptives, you can go here.
- Información anticonceptivos de emergencia es disponible en Español, aquí.OPTIONS FOR PEOPLE WITH ALLERGIES AND/OR CERTAIN
- Condoms for people with latex allergies.
- Condoms for vegans. [x] [x] [x]
- Other vegan contraceptive options.
- Different types of birth control without estrogen.
- Contraceptives without any hormones.
- Birth control methods that are useful to people with religious concerns. [x] [x]OTHER BENEFITS OF TAKING BIRTH CONTROL:
- Taking oral contraceptives can help lower the risk of endometrial and ovarian cancer.
- Using birth control helps treat acne.
- Birth control can help treat the pain caused by Endomitriosis.
- Contraceptives offer relief to people with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
- Anemia can be avoided/treated by using birth control.
- Irregular periods can become more regulated by using birth control.
- The pill can lead to fewer ectopic pregnancies.MYTHS ABOUT BIRTH CONTROL (All the myths below are dispelled
through the links given):
- Emergency contraceptives and birth control pills cause abortions.
- Free contraceptives and/or condoms makes people participate in risky sexual behavior.
- The pill makes you gain a lot of weight.
- Douching after sex prevents pregnancy.
- You have to start your birth control on a Sunday.
- Taking the pill for a long time can make you infertile.
- Hormonal contraceptives protect you from contracting STIs.
- You don’t need to be on birth control while breastfeeding.
- I won’t get pregnant my first time having sex.
- The Pill is effective immediately after you take it.
- I won’t get pregnant if I shower or pee after sex.
- My body needs a rest from birth control at least once a year.
- Emergency contraceptives are affected by alcohol.
At least now that I disabled Anonymous asks, your own face is attached to your pitiful hatemail.
And if you recognize this ugly mug, shoot me a name!
ETA: He’s been tracked down.
HIS NAME IS BRANDON BAYARD AND HE LIVES IN SUPERIOR, WISCONSIN.
Reblog the shit out of this so it shows up on every background search done by every guy trying to hire him ever.
REBLOGGING THIS ALWAYS, FUCK THIS PIECE OF SHIT
blackboard is the worst invention of all time because there’s literally no way to escape your homework. sick with the flu? homework’s on blackboard. snow day? homework’s on blackboard. house burned down? use your fucking phone because the fucking homework’s on blackboard
Did you know that in certain European countries it is illegal to display any sort of Nazi symbol? What the fascist white supremacist neo-Nazi scum of Germany, France, etc. have been doing is displaying the Confederate flag instead, because there is no ban on it.
So the next time someone tries to tell you that the flag of the Confederacy has nothing to do with racism, remember that actual Nazis are using it as their preferred symbol, and please remind them that they are actually pieces of literal shit.